Dumpster Rental FAQ
This section covers the most common questions residential and business customers ask when looking to rent a dumpster.
Renting a dumpster is not as trivial a matter as it may first appear. First-time dumpster rental customers are often surprised by the level of formality that occurs in arranging and finalizing the process. The formality exists mainly because the extent of the waste issue is being taken a lot more seriously by state authorities across the country. These municipalities are realizing that there won’t be enough space to accommodate the exponential volumes of trash being produced by residents and businesses every single day, which means stringent regulatory measures must be imposed to prevent and discourage the permanent dumping of solid wastes at landfill sites. Such rules influence many aspects of the dumpster service you will receive, some of which are mentioned in some parts of this section.
- You communicate with a dumpster rental company requesting their services
- You and the dumpster company make arrangements and agree to terms (including selecting a dumpster type and size and payment terms)
- Your dumpster is dropped off at the agreed address on the arranged date and time
- You load your dumpster with the accepted weight and type of waste
- The rental company picks up your dumpster (with or without trash inside of it) from the agreed address on the contracted date and time.
The accepted payment method largely influences whether you pay for the rental before or after you have received the service. Some waste removal services will only begin the work after they have received full payment; others will begin providing their services after receiving partial payment; and some accept payment on the day of pickup.
- Your business requests the services of a waste management company
- Your business and the waste management company discuss requirements and settle on rental terms, such as length of service contract, payment, legal, and waste collection schedule
- Your dumpster is dropped off at your business address on the arranged date and time
- Your dumpster is loaded with the accepted waste materials from your business operations
- Your dumpster is picked up and emptied on the contracted day and time.
If you have any questions of your own about dumpster rentals or anything related, send them to us below and we will do our best to answer them.